Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Naked Truth Chocolate - a chocolate with vinegar?


Hey All, Hoi here again, introducing another one of my new favourites from the Naked Truth. If you read my last post, you would know that it wasn’t long ago that I happened to cross roads with the Naked Truth (actually I have only reviewed one type from them here at SSCF), but the taste drew me to them once again and before I knew it, I was standing at the confectionery aisle studying the available assortments like a student cramming for finals.
The section at the mart was amazing, different shades of the chocolaty brown with the occasional red and white sprinkled amongst the assortment made my eyes open with frenzy – it was a child’s dream. However it wasn’t just the clear packaging accentuating the indulgence that made it fun, it was the clever names that I had the joy of reading while making sense of the variety that made it more like a child’s playground. The last one I got was “Grounded”, this time I got “Death By” and it certainly didn’t disappoint.
This red heaven was amazing, the raspberry sweetness combined with a hint of vinegar (Yes, it has a hint of vinegar, you did not read it wrong) gave the block a perfect balance. The sour off-setted the sweet and accentuated caramel sweetness of the base chocolate.

It was a chocolate certainly to “die” for. (Yes another pun). Certainly something I would recommend – I’m not going to rate this one as I am biased for sour foods. But if you want to try something apart from the normal chocolate bar, you won’t go wrong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment