Friday, May 8, 2015

Introduction to the Naked Truth








"The Naked Truth?, What is this?"
This was my first thought that came into my mind as I browsed the confectionary/sweet aisle during my weekly grocery shopping.

"Hey, at least the packaging looks sleek" - whoever the package designer was, he did an awesome job because it certainly caught my eye. The minimalistic packaging for this unknown chocolate represented something from the 80's,  an iconic rectangular bar of chocolate with clear packaging illustrating the brown indulgence underneath with a clever name to match its sweetness.

"Ground Me" was the one I got. (Picture above). As a coffee fan - the name certainly did its work, serving as a reference to the espresso kick inside and a pun to "grounding" someone (because get it, chocolate so good it's worth getting grounded for? No? Okay maybe it’s just me.) Nonetheless the iconic packaging coupled with the clever name introduced me to one of my new favourite types of chocolate available at the local supermarket.

Standing at 25 grams, its taste was what it said it was. A dark chocolate that wasn't too bitter with the coffee incorporated, the espresso carefully accentuating a subtle sweetness that paired with the dark chocolate just perfectly. If you aren't a fan of dark and bitter chocolate but would like to get into it, this would be the one I would recommend.  The convenient size and the reasonable price (I got mine for just 2 bucks) rates this lovely sweet high in my chocolate charts. The only criticism I have was the chocolate was a bit hard, the thinness of the chocolate helped in aiding the weak masticator but it still didn't give the softness of an average bar.

Overall I would rate this hipster bar a overall 9/10, its strengths being in its price, design , size/convenience and its cons being its resilience, not allowing me to engulf it (Maybe it’s a good thing though?)

No comments:

Post a Comment