Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Sweet Start to the week - The Naked Truth Chocolate




A new week, a new start and of course, a new chocolate to try.  With mother’s day, just past, I had a chance to review a type of milk chocolate that my mother prefers. This time I also went with the Naked Truth.
My last 2 reviews were both focused on my 2 pet likes – Coffee and sour foods.  Therefore I decided to go for something that the audience might prefer as the previous strong taste from the coffee type chocolate and the sharp smell of sour foods are off putting for some.
I went for milk chocolate. A chocolate with an emphasis on the dairy that makes the chocolate block silk smooth, whilst also simultaneously lightening the strong sense of chocolate some people may not prefer.
The one I chose this time was Sweetie Pie; the name firstly, is certainly credited for capturing my attention. This white chocolate, consistent with the Naked Truth series, also had a hidden hint that gives the Naked Truth its magic. This time it was lemon and coconut. Yes I did talk about my having a fondness on sour foods, but don’t take me wrong, the lemon in “Sweetie Pie” wasn’t sour at all. It was sort of the opposite. The lemon gave more of a fragrance to the rich dairy chocolate, making it sort of sweeter when it enters the mouth. The citrus also cut something of the rich dairy taste that is associated with white chocolate making it perfect for the chocolate lovers that don’t take dairy well.

To top it off, a sprinkle of coconut gives the block an extra layer of texture. (Who doesn’t like coconut sprinkles anyways, its like chocolate sprinkles but healthier – and we all know that sprinkles make anything better.) As always, to give a rating – this would be a solid 7 maybe even an 8. The reason being that this chocolate is a bit sweet, however this is trait of the Naked Truth range, and that the lemon and coconut additions really deviated from an average chocolate bar that (should) highlight the cocoa (it basically made it a lolly/sweet) however I appreciate its ambition and it certainly did not taste bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment